Re: Threats to the Singularity.

From: Brian Phillips (deepbluehalo@earthlink.net)
Date: Thu Jun 13 2002 - 16:18:29 MDT

Deering appears to write
<<What to do? As much as I hate the idea, the best option I see is
 to outlaw privacy. But this does not seem to be practical in the
present political environment. Alternatively we could treat bio
viruses like computer viruses, with firewalls and antiviral software.
 Firewalls would consist of each home being equivalent to a level 3
 bio containment facility with hepa filters and decontamination air
locks. When you went outside you would wear a racal hood with
 a virus filter and exhaust fan along with a virus impervious body suit.
The anti-virus software would be by subscription to a daily antibody
update. This would require the development of systems that could
make a vaccine for a new virus in 24 hours or less. We are not quite
 there yet.>>>

Enlighten me. How would privacy be outlawed? With crypto getting
better and better versus intrusion methods I mean.

Easy hard take off seed ai seems downright likely next to the functional
illegalization of privacy.....

On the other hand you could just put lots of ocean between you and
any target.... That would go far towards solving the bio angle.
Yacht anyone, anyone?

brian