RE: A Value System

From: aominux (aominux@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Jun 19 2002 - 00:15:01 MDT

  James Rogers <jamesr@best.com> wrote:
>If we did, we could
>essentially call any random number generator an Oracle Of All Knowledge.
Keep in mind that a random number generator is only as entropic as the code that defines it. Just because a 5k "random" (pretend I used to right word there) data generating executable can output "random" (again) data doesn't mean it is more entropic than a 4000k mp3. It's even more complicated than that, but describing "data" is far beyond my writing abilities.
I found your proposed system enlightening, Dani. As others say, it most likely would not function in an optimal manner. Even so, I'm glad you submitted it. =)
-aominux