RE: Who will launch the Singularity?

From: James Higgins (jameshiggins@earthlink.net)
Date: Fri Jun 28 2002 - 14:22:05 MDT

At 03:26 PM 6/28/2002 -0400, Smigrodzki, Rafal wrote:

>Ben wrote:
>
>I think there will come a time where a lot of computer hardware is the key
>to further progress. But that's it, really... I don't think any other
>kind of "muscle" providable by gov't or big industry will be important
>

>### So the SAI's first interlocutors *might* be the generals, or god
>forbid, the current commander in chief, if re-elected! Scary.

Could we please stay clear of political opinions on here. I'm certain many
people on here do not agree with your opinion about the "current commander
in chief" and all your doing here is creating the opportunity for a useless
(in the eyes of the Singularity) debate.

Besides, most views of a political figure's actual morals, based solely on
their "public life" or career, are almost certainly to be wrong. That
includes my views on political figures I dislike as well. If the situation
you suggest were to appear likely I'd like to get them involved in a forum
such as this for many months before making any personal judgements about
their morals (of course this would never happen - though).

James Higgins