Re: How hard a Singularity?

From: Tomaz Kristan (me2icq@icqmail.com)
Date: Sat Jul 06 2002 - 02:13:13 MDT

On Fri, 05 July 2002, Samantha Atkins wrote:

> I think that "any Singularity worth anything"
> is more than just
> a super mind with no consideration of other
> sentients.

I can't agree more. But I am _predicting_, that if the hypothetical Singularity had any considerations to sentients - and it would, if it was _any_ good - most of the humans would transcend. And Earth would be much different place also.

We don't see anything like that. Be cause there is no opportunity and no Singularity yet. Simple.

- Thomas