Re: AI Options.

From: Mike & Donna Deering (deering9@mchsi.com)
Date: Sat Jul 13 2002 - 10:38:14 MDT

Cliff, you write,

>1) The FAI calculates that we can never equal or beat it on our
> current neurological substrate.
>2) The FAI calculates that equalling or beating it in intelligence
> would of necessity result in / be accompanied by "Friendly"
> behavior on our part.

But number one is inapplicable because many people are going to ditch this neurological substrate as soon as possible. And number two is a long shot without much support except the belief that high intelligence equals ethics, a position not held by many highly intelligent people.

Which leaves the bald hypothesis,

(friendliness) >>> (volition control) >>> (world domination, intelligence limitation, personal protection) >>> (pet status)

as opposed to our current status of free range chickens. The very nature of being human is going to change. There is no other alternative to our destruction but to turn over our security and therefore our freedom to a machine intelligence.

Mike.