Re: Intelligence and wisdom

From: Gordon Worley (redbird@rbisland.cx)
Date: Tue Jul 16 2002 - 11:10:41 MDT

On Tuesday, July 16, 2002, at 12:07 PM, Ben Goertzel wrote:

> Gordon, when you say
>
>> for all you know greater intelligence *does* equal
>> greater wisdom
>
> I have to ask you how you are defining "intelligence" and "wisdom". And
> please clarify how your definitions relate to the standard English
> definitions of these terms as found in the dictionary.

Same as you. I say this because we do not know, for sure, that being
more intelligent does not force you to be wiser. That is, I don't think
we have enough data to conclude that being intelligent allows you to get
away with not being wise. I agree that it is most likely not the case
that intelligence can be correlated with wisdom, but I don't know for
sure.

--
Gordon Worley                     `When I use a word,' Humpty Dumpty
http://www.rbisland.cx/            said, `it means just what I choose