Re: AI Boxing

From: Dani Eder (danielravennest@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Jul 26 2002 - 20:04:50 MDT

Given the propensity for people to let the AI out
of it's box, for safety's sake the seed AI hardware
design will need a requirement of "no way for a
human to let the AI out". For example, the computer
hardware contained within a sealed box which when
opened will release acid to destroy the hardware.
Output devices (like monitor screens) behind glass
windows. The room they are in full of nerve gas,
so any attempt to hack the output devices is very
difficult, etc. We discussed this at length
previously, but it seems like we need to include
the safety provisions in a seed AI installation.

Daniel