Re: Are we Gods yet?

From: Samantha Atkins (samantha@objectent.com)
Date: Mon Aug 05 2002 - 04:08:54 MDT

Dani Eder wrote:

> The point of the above comment is how close to a
> singularity of sorts are we already at when viewed
> from the perspective of the ancients? If we can
> approach or surpass the capabilities of a god
> from their viewpoint then have we not transcended?

Immortal? No.
Omniscient? No.
Omnipotent? No.
Omnipresent? No.
outside space-time? No.

However, I think a lot better mileage can be had by showing
religious persons that all the things that the religions promise
can be acheived (where not total nonsense) only by science,
technology and sufficient human will and vision. If this was
shown a visceral enough level the old dogma and promise after
you die competitors should lose adherents by the church-full.

- samantha