Re: Suicide as a Natural Right. (was: Re: In defense of Friendliness)

From: Yedidya Weil (yedweil@yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Oct 20 2002 - 07:04:09 MDT

> I thought that everyone here was beyond the errors
> of natural rights,
> but I guess not. Here's a little link for you:
>
> http://www.spectacle.org/0400/natural.html
>
> There are probably better links, but I'm not going
> to take the time to
> find them.
>
> Also, let's not debate natural rights here; it's
> already a dead horse.
> If you want to discuss it, there are many forums on
> the Internet for
> discussion of philosophy, religion, and logic.
>
> --
> Gordon Worley

In my original message I meant 'natural right' as a
right that it is proper by any sufficiently advanced
moral system to grant to all sentient beings.
This may not be the way people always use this phrase.
Also, I suggest you (Gordon) adopt a less cocksure
attitude. As in when seeing a seeming error on
another's part, trying to see what they really mean
instead of assuming they are simply incorrect. This
attitude is in my experience both more correct and can
lead to less interpersonal problems.

Yedidya