Re: Infinite universe

From: Barkley Vowk (bvowk@math.ualberta.ca)
Date: Mon Apr 28 2003 - 11:16:28 MDT

On Mon, 28 Apr 2003, Paul Hughes wrote:

> In the last 20 years I have yet to see a single major
> advance on the nature of the universe not fit within
> my intuitional insights of how I suspected the
> universe works.
>
> Intution alone may not solve the problem, but in cases
> like this it has always leads me in the right
> direction, which in turn was invariably and logically
> demonstrated by myself or others.

Given your training, I'd say it would be impossible to separate your
"intuition" from your training the in current models and ability to reason
within that framework. It seems obvious that the universe fits your models
when you think "through" those models. This would be valid if the universe
was intuitive to a child, not to a man who digests and applies
mathematical models to the universe for a living.