RE: No need to rush AGI development?

From: Reason (reason@exratio.com)
Date: Sun May 18 2003 - 19:54:46 MDT

Aging is the greatest worry; it is eminently likely that you will die a
natural death. Consider: we could have irrigated the Sahara at any time
during the last half century. We could have built a moonbase and be on our
way to Mars. We could have more adequately explored the deepest ocean. There
are so many things that people want to do that do not happen; either never
happen, or happen 50 to 100 years later. A cure for aging could well be one
of those. It is by no means a done deal just because a lot of people want
it...

Reason
http://www.exratio.com/