RE: No need to rush AGI development?

From: Mike Williams (mikew12345@lvcm.com)
Date: Sun May 18 2003 - 20:08:23 MDT

http://www.collusion.org/Article.cfm?ID=381

According to the keepers of the "Doomsday Clock", the world's risk for
nuclear destruction is still lower than it was in 1947. Some of us remember
the 60s: having nuclear attack drills in school, and neighbors building
bomb shelters in their backyards. Every generation tends to think they'll
be the last, yet somehow the world manages to keep going.

Mike W.