Re: Matrix Reloaded Non-Review

From: Gordon Worley (redbird@mac.com)
Date: Fri May 30 2003 - 18:38:17 MDT

SEMI-SPOILER material follows

On Friday, May 30, 2003, at 01:27 AM, Durant Schoon wrote:

> I'm sure the reason that no one has bothered to review this new
> Matrix movie(*) is that there is little new to discuss about the
> pathetic AI cliches that persist in hollywood filmmaking. I
> like the movie as a kung fu flick but not as an AI movie. So,
> instead of reviewing Reloaded, I'll recommend reading "Queen
> of Angels" by Greg Bear which I'm only part way through, but
> loving every page of it :)

Actually, I was surprised when I saw /The Matrix Reloaded/ because the
human's perception of the machines is changing. The first movie is a
Luddite's anthem: death to the machines, praised be the humans. In
the second film, the antitechnology sentiments are tempered, admitting
the human's need for machines. The AI's are more human in /Reloaded/,
with diverse personalities and emotional responses. Rather than a
trend, this may be a set up to make the ending of /Revolutions/ more
poignant, but I consider either direction equally likely.

--
Gordon Worley                      "It requires a very unusual mind
http://www.rbisland.cx/               to undertake the analysis of