Re: [SL4] AI --> Jobless Economy

From: Tomaz Kristan (
Date: Sun Feb 29 2004 - 01:06:06 MST

On Sun, 29 Feb 2004 02:27:39 -0500, "Yan King Yin"

> Continuing the assumption that there won't be a hard
> takeoff, jobs will become very scarce and
> capitalism may not be fast enough to create enough new
> jobs for the population. Then we'll get into a
> where AI cannot be developed because of social

I don't want to enter into any political debate here,
but what is going on with jobs in US - already?

Not many (*enough*) new jobs are created, but there is
no rise of unemployment either!

How this can be?

Unemployment is calculated with the special pools,
asking people if they have a job, or if they want one.

More and more people don't want one, because they have
other kinds of incomes, or their wives are rich, etc.

This is not the only process, but a good one. "Soft
take off" of this kind is not that bad, is it?

Sign up for ICQmail at