Re: The Fundamental Theorem of Morality

From: Metaqualia (metaqualia@mynichi.com)
Date: Tue Mar 02 2004 - 06:39:18 MST

> Assuming that we are in agreement so far, then you may notice that the
> more fundamental process underlying maximizing qualia is Growth.

Hi Jef, thanks for your comment. I think that if we are going for
maximization of positive qualia and minimization of negative qualia, then
growth is necessary. No way we can reduce negative qualia without growing. I
just put growth as a subgoal that's all, I object to people saying that
growth is a goal in itself, that it's justified and it should be an index of
morality. As long as growth serves a purpose then it is very welcome.

mq