Re: Productivity and unemployment

From: Dani Eder (danielravennest@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Apr 15 2004 - 10:25:12 MDT

  Or will there be some
> philanthropic set up
> (private or government) that capitalises people's
> efforts?? Why should
> such a set up emerge?

Today parents often pay for college, a first car,
or a down payment on a house. If a 'starter
robotic workshop' was in a similar cost range,
they would likely give one to their kids as a
start in life.

Even absent that, in a more productive world,
stuff gets relatively cheaper over time, so it
becomes more affordable to buy equipment/tools
to do a job yourself. Since taxes (both income
and sales) eat up nearly half of my marginal
earnings, if I can be, say 75% as efficient as
a professional using home equipment, then it
makes sense for me to do a job myself rather than
work a day job to earn the money.

Daniel