Re: Productivity and unemployment

From: Damien Broderick (thespike@satx.rr.com)
Date: Thu Apr 15 2004 - 11:50:24 MDT

At 09:25 AM 4/15/2004 -0700, Daniel wrote:

>Since taxes (both income
>and sales) eat up nearly half of my marginal
>earnings, if I can be, say 75% as efficient as
>a professional using home equipment, then it
>makes sense for me to do a job myself rather than
>work a day job to earn the money.

This is not an SL4 topic, but I gather that the tax fiend won't necessarily
leave you alone even in such a case. Apparently if you grow certain crops
for your own use, rather than different crops for sale (the profits of
which will be used to buy the first kind of produce from another farmer),
you're taxed on the increment saved. I'll have to check the details with my
tax expert, but the law might need to be tweaked to allow an untaxed
transition to the compleat home robot.

Damien Broderick