Re: Productivity and unemployment

From: Damien Broderick (thespike@satx.rr.com)
Date: Thu Apr 15 2004 - 12:14:45 MDT

I wrote too hastily:

< I'll have to check the details with my tax expert, but the law might need
to be tweaked to allow an untaxed transition to the compleat home robot. >

My delightful expert comments:

< Nope. You're not taxed on stuff you grow or make for your own use, or for
services you (or your machines) perform for your own benefit. You may be
thinking of the 1930's case where the court said that the U.S. government
could regulate the amount of wheat a farmer grows for his own use. >

That'd be it. I wonder if that case could constitute a kind of precedent?

Damien Broderick