Re: ESSAY: 'Debunking Hippy-Dippy moral philosophy'

From: fudley (fuddley@fastmail.fm)
Date: Mon Jun 14 2004 - 08:29:31 MDT

On Mon, 14 Jun 2004 "Keith Henson" <hkhenson@rogers.com> said:

>I think there is a way good and evil can be measured,
>though perhaps not from a human viewpoint.

Then morality would have no point. Suppose Hewlett-Packard announced
that in addition to their line of volt and amp meters they were coming
out with a good-evil meter, however there is no relationship between the
reading on the meter and the wishes and opinions of the user or any
other human; what do you think would happen to HP stock? I think it
would sink like a rock because the market would know such a device would
have absolutely no use.

John K Clark