Re: Fundamentals - was RE: Visualizing muddled volitions

From: Philip Sutton (Philip.Sutton@green-innovations.asn.au)
Date: Thu Jun 17 2004 - 09:09:58 MDT

Hi Samantha,

I agree that having backups would be a good thing if there's a coercive
collective 'volition' machine at work. But it seems to me that this
implies people would have to have been uploaded. I find it hard to
imagine a rewind button working on humans who have not been
uploaded

What do you do in relation to people who don't wish to be uploaded.
Would you think they should be forceably uploaded or would you favour
them being allowed to opt out of the regime of change run by the
coercive collective 'volition' machine?

Cheers, Philip