JOIN: Matt Arnold

From: Matt Arnold (matt.mattarn@gmail.com)
Date: Fri Feb 11 2005 - 13:41:20 MST

Hi, I'm new to the list. A resident of the suburbs of Detroit,
Michigan, I have been a transhumanist since almost back to the turn of
the twenty-first century. I am more or less the same age as Eliezer
Yudkowski. To find my tastes in reading, turn to the bibliography in
David Pulver's GURPS Transhuman Space main sourcebook. I help to run
the science fiction conventions in the area, ConFusion and Penguicon.
(This last is a combination free/open-source software and SF
convention.) I'm trying to install Linux and learn how to run a web
server, but I'm not yet a tech geek and possess more of an artistic
than an engineering mindset. I am a Universist and a member of the
Fellowship of Reason and the Church of Virus. I speak the artificial
language Lojban passably well and continue to improve. If any of you
are on the Lojban mailing list, I'm the one who signs "la epcat". My
website is http://www.geocities.com/nemorathwald/.
I finally signed up to the list to get some advice about preparing for
a singularity or technocalypse, so that I can improve the rules to a
little game I'm creating which crudely represents terraforming and
pantropy and is played on a Hoberman Sphere. More about that later.
-Matt Arnold