Re: physics of uploading minds

From: Martin Striz (mstriz@gmail.com)
Date: Fri Oct 28 2005 - 12:28:01 MDT

On 10/28/05, Phillip Huggan <cdnprodigy@yahoo.com> wrote:
> The
> physics that give rise to emergent quantum effects place only a very small
> part in the functioning of our neurons and synapses

Well, we have a profoundly different view of consciousness, then. My
view is that consciousness is not a matter of quantum effects but
encoded/represented information. If legos could be used to build a
machine that encodes information and performs logical operations on
it, at a sufficient level of complexity, that lego contraption would
be conscious.

Here for more: http://striz.org/docs/tononi-consciousness-theory.pdf

Martin