Re: Singularity Fiction

From: Matt Arnold (matt.mattarn@gmail.com)
Date: Mon Nov 21 2005 - 13:53:32 MST

Yes, I can recommend several you would probably enjoy. Cory Doctorow's
Down and Out In The Magic Kingdom is a free download:
http://craphound.com/down/ Cory's short story 0wnz0red is available on
Salon.com: http://www.salon.com/tech/feature/2002/08/28/0wnz0red/
Greg Egan has several free short stories on line, including
Border Guards: http://gregegan.customer.netspace.net.au/BORDER/Complete/Border.html
Oceanic: http://gregegan.customer.netspace.net.au/OCEANIC/Complete/Oceanic.html
The Planck Dive:
http://gregegan.customer.netspace.net.au/PLANCK/Complete/Planck.html

The following are not free downloads but are excellent examples of a
crunchy technological coating with a chewy philosophical center.
Diaspora, by Greg Egan.
Permutation City, by Greg Egan.
Schismatrix Plus, by Bruce Sterling.
Steel Beach, by John Varley.