Re: Destruction of All Humanity

From: Eliezer S. Yudkowsky (sentience@pobox.com)
Date: Mon Dec 12 2005 - 11:54:36 MST

It's for reasons like this that I tend to think of my distant, past selves
as subscripted by date: Eliezer-1998, who is being quoted here in the
midst of a complicated mistake in moral philosophy, is pretty much a
different person from Eliezer-2002, who is in turn a different person from
Eliezer-2005. People are lines in spacetime, not dots, and there is no
unitary "Yudkowsky" to whom you can attribute quotes. It certainly isn't
the opinion of SIAI.

PS: It's a very bad idea to rest your weight on any platform you don't
fully understand, no matter how clever you think you've been about working
around the gaps in your understanding. You can't manipulate quantities you
don't understand - period, no excuses. Learn from my mistakes; I do.

Sincerely,
Eliezer.