Re: Destruction of All Humanity

From: 1Arcturus (arcturus12453@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Dec 12 2005 - 12:40:33 MST

"Eliezer S. Yudkowsky" <sentience@pobox.com> wrote: It's for reasons like this that I tend to think of my distant, past selves
as subscripted by date: Eliezer-1998, who is being quoted here in the
midst of a complicated mistake in moral philosophy, is pretty much a
different person from Eliezer-2002, who is in turn a different person from
Eliezer-2005. People are lines in spacetime, not dots, and there is no
unitary "Yudkowsky" to whom you can attribute quotes. It certainly isn't
the opinion of SIAI.

  Eliezer,

  I agree. That's why I have a number in front of my name (still 1). If I ever change significantly enough, I'll go to 2 and so on. "I reserve the right to change my mind at any time without prior notice. - Madeleine L'Engle."

  But just to clarify: Eliezer-1998 took that position, and some later Eliezers, apparently the present one, doesn't?

  At any rate, it seems that Eliezer-1998 is still out convincing people about a rather troubling ethical conclusion.

gej

Yahoo! Shopping