Is furthering your own goals always good? Judged by whom, and for what purpose?

From: Peter Voss (peter@optimal.org)
Date: Wed Dec 14 2005 - 08:26:14 MST

People use 'good' and 'bad' in fundamentally different ways - to mean:

a) Good in itself (an invalid concept as far as I'm concerned - 'good' is
basically an adjective, not noun)
b) good to achieve a specified goal, seen as desirable by a specified
entity.

See 'Good and Bad' in http://www.optimal.org/peter/rational_ethics.htm

This also covers 'what morality is about'.

Peter Voss