Re: Destruction of All Humanity

From: Samantha Atkins (sjatkins@gmail.com)
Date: Thu Dec 15 2005 - 19:34:32 MST

Better for whom, Ben? Do you believe in some Universal Better that trumps
the very existence of large groups of sentient beings - the only type of
beings that "better" can have any meaning for? How could it be better to
an intelligence capable of simulating an entire world and even a universe
for humans to exist in with an infinitesimal fraction of its abilities? I
do not believe simply destroying entire species of sentient beings when
there are viable alternatives could qualify as "better" - certainly not form
the pov of said beings. I don't find it particularly intelligent to use our
intelligence to make our own utter destruction "reasonable". I would fight
such an AI. I might not last long but I wouldn't simply agree.

-- samantha