Re: Destruction of All Humanity

From: Phillip Huggan (cdnprodigy@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Dec 16 2005 - 13:18:37 MST

Yep. Knowledge may be a good thing for achieving goals, but applying physics is much better. An AGI doesn't need an understanding of human emotions to achieve goals. Really good engineering is sufficient. Qualia won't persuade an AGI to be nice and change its goal structures.

Jef Allbright <jef@jefallbright.net> wrote: We should all keep in mind that while there is a ratcheting forward of
knowledge and capability in service of our values, this is no
guarantee that we are not moving into an evolutionary cul de sac.