Re: ethics

From: Jef Allbright (jef@jefallbright.net)
Date: Sat Dec 17 2005 - 12:48:26 MST

Phillip -

I experienced mixed feelings about my comment right about the moment I
hit Send, so I'm glad what I said didn't demotivate you. I think it's
important for people to have these discussions to test and refine
their thinking, but beyond a certain point it's mostly regression to
the mean. I'm personally close to boiling over with frustration at the
inefficiencies of the current discussion lists, and I haven't decided
whether I should get some distance to regain my reserve (my usual
mode) or jump into the fray and stir things up (sometimes useful, but
sometimes destructive.) A better strategy would be to personally
spend more time with like-minded people building a more effective
collaborative knowledge framework, but I haven't found a way to fit
that into my schedule.