mailing list alternative (Re: ethics)

From: Phillip Huggan (cdnprodigy@yahoo.com)
Date: Sat Dec 17 2005 - 13:18:20 MST

I'm not sensitive to criticism. I have some ideas regarding AGI goal systems but I know little about computer hardware or software programming, so it is I who should be careful that I'm not merely posting inappropriate stream-of-thought content.
    Danila posted an alternative to mailing lists on WTA last month:
  http://www.macrovu.com/CCTGeneralInfo.html
It is basically a wiki in a flow-chart form. Very easy on the eyes and would be an esp. good intro for newbies. But there is no weighting to the arrows. The content is only as good as are the opinions of the active contributors. A tally of votes and/or actually modifying the thickness of the thought arrows would help. Yes/no positions held by prominent persons in the graphed field should be enclosed within the arrows too.

  Jef Allbright <jef@jefallbright.net> wrote:
  Phillip -

I experienced mixed feelings about my comment right about the moment I
hit Send, so I'm glad what I said didn't demotivate you. I think it's
important for people to have these discussions to test and refine
their thinking, but beyond a certain point it's mostly regression to
the mean. I'm personally close to boiling over with frustration at the
inefficiencies of the current discussion lists, and I haven't decided
whether I should get some distance to regain my reserve (my usual
mode) or jump into the fray and stir things up (sometimes useful, but
sometimes destructive.) A better strategy would be to personally
spend more time with like-minded people building a more effective
collaborative knowledge framework, but I haven't found a way to fit
that into my schedule.