RE: Free Will not an illusion..

From: fudley (fuddley@fastmail.fm)
Date: Sun Dec 25 2005 - 23:42:24 MST

On Sun, 25 Dec 2005 "Herb Martin" <HerbM@LearnQuick.Com> Wrote:

> I have a short and compelling statistical
> proof (or argument) for free will

Congratulations. I have a short and compelling proof that Klognee exists
and that human beings have this quality. Unfortunately my proof is of
limited usefulness because neither you or I has the slightest idea what
the hell Klognee is so I have no idea what I’m proving.

> You are not responsible for your mistake

You are always responsible for your actions. Perhaps the reason a person
is a monster and is chasing me with a bloody ax is due to his genetics,
or perhaps it is due to his environment, or maybe it is due to a random
quantum variation in the space time continuum. I really don’t give a
damn. For whatever reason or for no reason at all he’s still s monster
and I want him dead. End of story.

> We all act as if our choices "matter" and that
> our opinion is rational

Yea. So what?

> This does not guarantee that quantum effects
do NOT play a role in free will of course

I don’t care if bubble gum effects are responsible for Klognee, I mean
free will. At the end of the day everything, absolutely positively 100%
everything, is due to cause and effect OR it is not.

John K Clark

                          wherever you are