Re: impotent disorganized gods?

From: David Picon Alvarez (eleuteri@myrealbox.com)
Date: Wed Dec 28 2005 - 00:33:40 MST

From: "Phillip Huggan" <cdnprodigy@yahoo.com>
> These thought experiments ignore physics. A person who walks from A to B
carries with them imbedded interactions with some or all of the rest of the
universe. A person who teleports from A to B severs this interaction. This
has nothing to do with consciousness. It is a fundamental property of
matter in our universe. When you drag your computer mouse an inch or two
along your mousepad to move an onscreen cursor, the mouse is still 99.99999%
the same mouse that it was a few seconds ago. If you "teleport" the mouse a
few inches along your mousepad, the new version is a completely different
entity regardless if the original still exists,

But it would function exactly the same way, same as P would function exactly
the same way.

Generally a few things are assumed by physics, for example it is assumed
that all atoms with the same number of protons and neutrons in the nucleus
are essentially the same, modulo ionization and such. The fact that the same
atoms aren't forming the person (or mouse) seems not to be relevant. We swap
out molecules from our bodies all the time, in that sense we do not have
permanent identities at all.

--David.
PS I stop here, I don't think this thread is too productive anymore.