Re: Actually, Psychological Bulletin is a mainstream publication

From: Richard Loosemore (rpwl@lightlink.com)
Date: Fri Dec 30 2005 - 13:02:34 MST

micah glasser wrote:
> I read a book on it once but thats about it. Can anyone who backs this
> research as valid point me toward a good, research and experiment backed,
> publication?

Micah,

Do you want a journal, or a book? JP (Journal of Parapsychology) is
good, as is JSPR Journal of the American Society for Psychical Research.

These are the two main ones in the US. EJP used to be good, but I
confess I haven't looked to see what any of those folks have been doing
for the last 20 years.

I don't know if there are any good books. Not that treat the science in
a serious way (with real data, graphs, etc).

You have to bear in mind that this is a field that attracts a lot of
cranks, for the same reason that it attracts a lot of denigrators, so
there is enormous variation in quality of research. You can soon
recognise the people who are serious, though.

Richard Loosemore.