Re: Actually, Psychological Bulletin is a mainstream publication

From: micah glasser (micahglasser@gmail.com)
Date: Fri Dec 30 2005 - 13:19:06 MST

I once had a professor who did research on corroborated near death
experience. The research consisted of finding persons who had a flat EEG,
were resuscitated, and made claims of observing phenomena that happened in
the real world while they were 'dead'. The verification aspect of the
research was in corroborating their claims. For instance someone might be in
surgery and have a flat EEG for 10 minutes, when resuscitated he may claim
to have been observing the entire surgery while 'dead' and be able to
recount everything that happened in detail.
I think this kind of evidence is intriguing because it plays havoc with the
accepted materialist paradigm and so it is rebutted with the simple
conclusion that it must be wrong because it does not fit the paradigm.

--
I swear upon the alter of God, eternal hostility to every form of tyranny
over the mind of man. - Thomas Jefferson