Re: Wil McCarthy's HACKING MATTER free download

From: Damien Broderick (thespike@satx.rr.com)
Date: Tue Jan 03 2006 - 12:02:04 MST

At 07:46 PM 1/3/2006 +0100, Giu1i0 Pri5c0 wrote:

>I loved McCarthy's Bloom, much less Murder in the solid state (but I
>think that was his first novel). The first bb review of Hacking Matter
>looks great and advices to read it together with the Wellstone.

Please note that HACKING MATTER is *not* fiction, but rather a popularized
introduction to a potential technology (programmable matter) that Wil is
currently developing in reality with his start-up. If he succeeds, he could
become a Gates-scale billionaire -- and the world will be that much closer
to a singularity.

Damien Broderick