RE: What shock level is Kurzweil's recent book?

From: Christopher Healey (CHealey@unicom-inc.com)
Date: Tue Apr 18 2006 - 14:39:21 MDT

Kurzweil certainly touches on plenty of SL4 concepts, but more than
anything, TSIN serves as a bridge across the shock levels. He presents
a plausible framework of ideas that leads the reader forward, not only
into seeing the possibility that "you *can* get there from here", but
that it is the default scenario.

So I'd suggest that to simply analyze the SL-content rating of the
constituent sections would under represent the book's significance. It
is a comparatively gentle on-ramp to SL4-level concepts for the masses.

I'm going to back up Eric on voting a firm SL4.

But note: It's the "new" SL4! Same taste you've grown to love, but now
with only half the future shock!

-Chris