RE: Singularity awareness

From: Michael Vassar (michaelvassar@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Jun 01 2006 - 15:48:16 MDT

I strongly agree. that knowledge of the singularity becoming public is an
existential risk, but I would worry more about a governmental race to UFAI
or to strong MNT as the mode of destruction. Oh yes, and the possibility of
fanatics killing those few people who could plausibly enable FAI to happen
first. I think that the singularity is already too high profile for my
tastes, though there is a trade-off between awareness and the difficulty of
recruiting FAI researchers.