Re: "The Artilect War" ... Does it get better?

From: Robin Lee Powell (rlpowell@digitalkingdom.org)
Date: Tue Jun 27 2006 - 09:25:09 MDT

On Tue, Jun 27, 2006 at 09:18:42AM -0600, David McFadzean wrote:
> On 6/27/06, Robin Lee Powell <rlpowell@digitalkingdom.org> wrote:
> >
> >So far (chapter 1), The Artilect War has managed to gruesomely,
> >callously, and drastically mis-represent my views as a
> >Singularitarion (whach de Garis calls "Cosmists"). Apparently, I
> >want humanity to create super-intelligences because I just don't
> >care very much whether humans live or die.
>
> Why do you self-identify with the "Cosmists" if those aren't your
> views?

I self-identify as a Singularitarian; by his definition, that makes
me a cosmist (I want artilects to exist). Having defined a cosmist
thus, he goes on to pile a great steaming heap of assumptive baggage
on the views of his purported cosmists.

-Robin

Reason #237 To Learn Lojban: "Homonyms: Their Grate!"
Proud Supporter of the Singularity Institute - http://intelligence.org/