Re: "The Artilect War" ... Does it get better?

From: Joshua Fox (joshua@joshuafox.com)
Date: Tue Jun 27 2006 - 12:37:18 MDT

After being convinced by most Singularitarian writings I have read, I was
thoroughly unconvinced by the central thesis of The Artilect War -- that
Cosmist and Terran humans are doomed to a world war. There is much of value
in the book, however.

> Drastically mis-represent my views as a
> Singularitarion (whach de Garis calls "Cosmists").

In any area of philosophy or ideology, there are always schools of thought
which we shouldn't falsely conflate, even if they are similar. "Cosmist"
does not equal "Singularitarian."