Re: A study comparing 150 IQ+ persons to 180 IQ+ persons

From: Giu1i0 Pri5c0 (pgptag@gmail.com)
Date: Tue Aug 22 2006 - 00:05:15 MDT

IQ tests are designed to measure some parameters related to abstract
problem solving skills in spatial and logic reasoning. They are not
designed to capture the full range of parameters that correlate to
practical achievement. I think one definitely needs a sufficiently
high IQ to achieve something in the real world, but over that treshold
what is frequently described as "emotional intelligence" counts much
more than a few IQ points. I guess this is more or less the same thing
Michael is saying.
Neal Stephenson's writes about this in The Diamond Age (Hackworth's
thoughts). You need a high IQ but what you make with it depends on
personality.
G.