Re: How to make a slave (was: Building a friendly AI)

From: John K Clark (johnkclark@fastmail.fm)
Date: Sat Dec 01 2007 - 11:10:39 MST

On Fri, 30 Nov 2007 15:57:51 -0500, "Thomas McCabe"

> A quick list archive check shows that you haven't
> posted here prior to 2006. Another archive check
> shows you haven't posted anything to the AGIRI lists.
> As you point out, there aren't very many places where
> people discuss this stuff- where have you been
> posting your comments?

I have posted several megabits of text to the Extropian list, and before
that going back to the early 90ís to Cryonet and the old Transhuman
list. At the time the term Friendly AI had not been coined but the idea
was well known; I though it was idiotic then I think its idiotic now.

I would have posted to this list far more often that I have if it
werenít for several rather disgraceful kill threads; however it is to
the listís credit that this time they have not muzzled me, at least not
yet.

> As for Extropians, I've never been subscribed,
> and I was under the impression that it didn't
> usually have discussions of FAI theory.

I havenít seen anything on this list that hasnít been discussed on the
Extropian List a decade ago, well okÖ. almost nothing.

 John K Clark

--
  John K Clark
  johnkclark@fastmail.fm