Re: [sl4] Re: Uploads coming first would be good, right?.

From: John K Clark (johnkclark@fastmail.fm)
Date: Fri Feb 06 2009 - 11:38:15 MST

On Fri, 6 Feb 2009 "Filipe Sobreira"
<warlordbcm1@yahoo.com.br> said:

> In every example given I can prove by a simple
> mind experiment that they are not the same.

Good God man, you’re still not talking about that stupid poke business
are you? If you decide to poke the original the original will decide to
poke you; and if a third party pokes one and not the other then they are
no longer identical and will have diverged. What more do we need to say
about the science of pokes?

> If i change an atom for another identical one in a molecule,
> the molecule would still be the same based on its properties,
> value and utility, but I can easily observe that the atom in
> question is not the same as the one in the molecule

Once upon a time there was an atom of hydrogen named Bob. Bob and a few
billion of his hydrogen friends were cooled down colder and colder until
they formed a Bose-Einstein condensate. After they warmed up again all
the King’s horses and all the King’s men couldn’t pick out which one was
Bob again. And neither could God, and neither could you.

 John K Clark

--
  John K Clark
  johnkclark@fastmail.fm