Re: Si definition of Friendliess

From: Chris Cooper (coop666@earthlink.net)
Date: Fri Apr 06 2001 - 14:51:34 MDT

Arona,
  Fair enough. I won't consider you elitist. I just think that it is important
to make these ideas available to as many people as possible. That might mean
"dumbing it down" for some. I see nothing wrong with that. As a reasonably
intelligent and well-read person, I can easily follow the discussions on this
list, despite having no actual skills or experience as a programmer. Not
everyone will be able, or willing, to do so. It still is very important to get
these people on "our side", even if they can't understand any of the technical
details involved. Public interest in our space program put a man on the moon,
and the failure to sustain that interest is the reason that my email address
doesn't end with moonbase.org. Let's not make the same mistake again.

>My understanding is that Low Beyond is more about CODING that damn seed AI
as opposed to anything else... <

 Again,true. However, when you are trying to create something that will
ultimately change EVERYTHING that we know, I think it behooves everyone to
explore as broad a range of discussions as possible. Sometimes that might even
mean repeating yourself, (or at least providing a link) as newer voices are
heard. One of those newer voices might eventually be the person to supply the
key that opens the door to AI, and ultimately, the Singularity.

COOP