RE: Why FAI Theory is both Necessary and Hard (was Re: SIAI's flawed friendliness analysis)

From: Christian Rovner (crovner@lacasilla.com.ar)
Date: Sun May 11 2003 - 11:26:03 MDT

Benw wrote:

> I agree, Cliff.
>
> Human history is full of twisted atrocities that are "hard to believe" --
> except that they actually happened.

Apparently, the kind of wisdom required to create Friendly AI is way greater
(and includes) the kind of wisdom required to realize the smallness and
meannes of seeking political power. If someone failed to achieve that sort of
understanding of human morality, alas, they will hardly be able to design and
raise a Friendly AI.

-- Christian Rovner
Singularity Institute for Artificial Intelligence, http://intelligence.org/