Re: Friendliness and blank-slate goal bootstrap

From: Robin Lee Powell (rlpowell@digitalkingdom.org)
Date: Mon Oct 06 2003 - 14:25:22 MDT

On Mon, Oct 06, 2003 at 01:13:14PM -0700, Mike Williams wrote:
> Just to throw another kink into it:
>
> Since natural childbirth is so painful for both the mother and child,
> and C-section is available to anyone who wants it, why is natural
> childbirth still practiced?

A substantial increase in mother mortality, combined with the fact
that there is some evidence that it does psychological damage to the
child (our brains being wired for naturel birth).

Note, however, that most doctors will start a c-sections at the
first sign of any trouble.

What does this have to do with anything?

-Robin, whose sister is a midwife.

--
Me: http://www.digitalkingdom.org/~rlpowell/  ***   I'm a *male* Robin.
"but I'm not stupid and people are not stupid who think samely with me"