Re: Einstein, Edison, & IQ

From: Richard Loosemore (rpwl@lightlink.com)
Date: Wed Nov 16 2005 - 12:42:34 MST

Phil Goetz wrote:
> --- Richard Loosemore <rpwl@lightlink.com> wrote:
>
>>I'd like to have seen Newton's SAT score. Or Einstein's. Or
>>Leonardo's. Or Stravinsky's.
>

> I think it would be more to your point to say that you'd like
> to have seen Picasso's SAT score. Or Donald Trump's.
>
> I'm confident that Newton, Einstein, and Leonardo would have had
> above-average SAT scores. Certainly on the mathematical. :)
>
> - Phil

Oh, no: I am sure they were above average, but my point was, would you
necessarily have identified these folks as utter geniuses when they were
kids, or when they were in college, even? At least two of them had big
issues with exams.... up to a certain stage in their lives, they didn't
look that great.