Re: Free Will not an illusion..

From: Phillip Huggan (cdnprodigy@yahoo.com)
Date: Sat Dec 24 2005 - 15:02:46 MST

I may be wrong. If Free Will is an illusion the world wouldn't be different. If Free Will is not an illusion but AGI programmers don't recognize this fact in the AGI's goal system, the AGI may tile over the Free Will we did have until the AGI became "active" in the world. In such a situation , we have lost a major component of our qualities-of-living because we assumed too quickly our simple computation-encompasses-all-of-physics model of reality actually regresses our species into pathetic lizardlike creatures post-singularity, incapable of performing the most basic human quality that is limited Free Will.
  How does forwarding a hypothesis and assuming it to be true, matter?

  fudley <fuddley@fastmail.fm> wrote:
  Let me propose this thought experiment for all of you out there who
think “Free Will is not an illusion”. Suppose you are wrong and “Free
Will IS an illusion”; how would the world be different? It wouldn’t be
one bit different near as I can tell, and that suggests to me that the
entire phrase is meaningless.

Yahoo! Photos