Re: the end of fermi's paradox?

From: John K Clark (jonkc@att.net)
Date: Thu Dec 28 2006 - 13:22:19 MST

"kevin.osborne" <kevin.osborne@gmail.com> Wrote:

> presumably is going to be a lot more effective than our previous SETI
> program of just scanning amongst the noise at relatively arbitrary points
> in the star field.

I don't see why pointing telescopes an individual planets is more effective
than pointing it in random directions, ET is unlikely to remain chained to
his home world for long, astronomically speaking. As a matter of fact I
don't see why you'd need a telescope at all to find ET, it should be
obvious to anyone who looks into the night sky. But it's not obvious,
and I believe that tells us something.

   John K Clark