Re: ESSAY: 'Debunking Hippy-Dippy moral philosophy'

From: fudley (fuddley@fastmail.fm)
Date: Tue Jun 15 2004 - 10:22:56 MDT

On Tue, 15 Jun 2004 "Marc Geddes" <marc_geddes@yahoo.co.nz> said:

> Circular reasoning here. You simply pre-supossed
> that: 'there is there is no relationship between the
> reading on the meter and the wishes and opinions of
> the user or any other human'.

If morality is truly objective then any correlation between the wishes
of a person and the readings on the meter are purely coincidental, you
might as well flip a coin as look at the meter.

>humans are moral beings

You can’t have it both ways, if humans are moral then morality is what
they want and morality is subjective. Talk about circular reasoning!

John K Clark